The following is a much summarised list of the main features and benefits available in the Opteq iQ – ISP Optimiser. For a comprehensive list please refer to Opteq iQ data sheets for individual application modules.
- Visibility, analysis and diagnostics for all traffic flow across all protocols.
- Full, bi-directional control and optimisation of all network traffic.
- Manage all traffic right from the source (host) across all links (including wireless & Satellite) and topologies.
- Extended traffic control and protection through packet filter fire-walling.
- Caching with web proxy or just transparent cache.
- Advanced data compression.
- High performance server platform with failover functionality.
- Single solutions platform with one, “easy to use” GUI.
- Comprehensive reporting for quick and easy statistics for all traffic flows.
- ODBC access for easy integration
to existing systems.
- 100% transparent and fully interoperable
with existing infrastructure.
- Cost effective
- Single platform, GUI interface and consistent reporting etc.
- Manage all traffic types effectively including UDP (VoIP, VOD, Streaming media and P2P).
- End to end management controlling bandwidth to CPE before wireless bandwidth is consumed.
- Manages inbound and outbound traffic simultaneously on the same interface with a simple rule set (half the number of rules than competing products while achieve multiple results on a single platform).
- Cache pre-fetching, “fetch once serve many”, an advanced algorithm for freshness and highly tuned memory indexing.
- Manage your bandwidth investment, increase application performance and protect users from harmful & unwanted content.
- Provides detailed analysis and diagnostic support for networks to assist the organisation in deciding policies or measuring performance improvement and return on investment.
- Increases network throughput & performance.
- Secure your network while optimising & saving expensive bandwidth.
- Limit or remove unwanted or malicious traffic from the network (e.g. p2p, instant messaging, and viruses).
- Increase throughput between POP’s by up to 2 or 3 times through compression.
- Provides extensive visibility and control over internet usage.
- Manage all WAN connectivity i.e. Diginet, Wireless and Satellite.
Maximize current network investments
- Bandwidth iQ completely offloads routers, eliminating packet drops and retransmissions.
- By serving repeat requests for content from the local cache, ISPs offload traffic from their Internet connections and related routing infrastructure, thus reducing their communications costs significantly.
- Offer value-added services such as tiered services, traffic guarantees, bandwidth on-demand and usage-based billing. Guarantee bandwidth for mission-critical applications, increased network efficiency, reduced congestion, and detailed network usage statistics and automated reports emailed in PDF, MS Word Excel or just plain HTML.
- Policy-based, self-provisioned Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Ability to allow customers access to their own rule sets and reports so each can specify their own traffic management preferences.
- Easy Integration with network infrastructures.
- Scalable to network growth (up to 1 Gbps with OP2000).
- Failover insures 100 percent availability and redundancy.
- Caches have an immediate impact on customer service and satisfaction through an improvement of Internet performance.
- Remote Support to any device through secure connectivity
|Opteq ISP Bundles|
|Modules||Retail/Small Branch Offices||Medium to Large Companies|
|OP iQNode (small branch office)||OP1400/1450||OP2000/2500||OP9900/i|
|Real Time iQ||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Firewall iQ (Adv)||✔||✔||✔|
|Packet Filter Firewall||✔||✔||✔|
|Web iQ - Cache*||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Cache is rated by average RPS (requests per second). This must be calculated on the link to ensure compliance. (OP1450 - 120 RPS; OP2500 - 250 RPS; OP9900 - 500 to 1000 RPS)|
|All units come standard with failover cards Except with Firewall IQ!|
Over the years businesses and large campus sites have tried to solve the puzzle to manage/optimise bandwidth efficiently, secure the network, implement & manage Internet Policies and consolidate reports across all these services. We believe the challenges in achieving these tasks are due to the number of disparate products installed, time consuming and complicated to consolidate services & reports.
Opteq iQ has a unique ability to bridge this gap though a single appliance (platform) and by just adding Opteq iQ modules as and when required or all at once. The Opteq iQ modules offer a holistic set of tools to takes care of network security, bandwidth optimisation, proxy & caching, network monitoring and diagnostic tools for support staff.
Opteq iQ offer an automated reporting module in PDF, MS Word, Excel and HTML. This service certainly helps clients to measure activity, implement better policies to protect and help users perform business related tasks and stay productive.
Network traffic & load behaves differently almost every day, new applications are launched, users browsing behaviour is not consistent and security threats are increasing as we speak. Opteq offers the ability to act immediately, prioritise applications for sufficient bandwidth requirements and manage almost all aspects of network traffic while keeping the network performance consistent. Reporting on network activity while managing Internet Policies and accurately budgeting for additional bandwidth requirements certainly gives management a far better chance to manage overheads and support contracts more efficiently.
It is important for businesses to understand the challenges of network convergence when Voice, Video and Data all need to access the same link and at the same time, that proper network management and reporting should play a vital roll if businesses demand the best quality, best performance and support services when accessing these services
Managing your infrastructure is not a technology, it is a process.